new user

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Wanderlust

new user

Post by Wanderlust »

Hi,
Im a new CD Board user and my new (used) boat is a 87 CD 30 MK II (hull 17) purchased back East and shipped to Washington state. Ive got a couple questions and forgive me if Im not posting this correctly.
Im looking for the NW CD Association information page. I cant find it at this web site but Ive heard it exists and I also heard that they are having a rally in the San Juan Islands in early Aug. Anybody know anything about them or it?
Also Im looking for some pictures or information about the original nav table which fits into some wooden slots over the qberth. I would like to replicate it or at least use it as a starting point for my thinking about adding a nave table/ nave station improvements.
Scott Schuttner
Wanderlust
Fairbanks, Alaska
Wanderlust

NW Association

Post by Wanderlust »

Wow, just saw the "sticky" right above my posting about my question about the NW rendevous. That was easy.
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Scott,

Here is a cordial "welcome aboard" to the Cape Dory Board.

I was pleasantly surprised to read that you mentioned you were from Fairbanks, Ak. I used to live in Fairbanks, also. If you are familiar with the area, I used to live in a ranch style house on Kellum St at the corner of Fourth St., across from the log cabin home.

I was with the US Government working out of the Federal Bldg over by the Steese H'way.

There are two others on the CD board that I am aware of that used to be in the Fairbanks area and one in Ketchikan.

So, again, welcome.
O J
Bob L

Post by Bob L »

Scott,

I'm one of those OJ mentions. I spent two winters (70-71 and 71-72) in Fairbanks...most of the time up in Chatanika and Poker Flats. Welcome to the group.

Bob