Need recommendation for boat transport RI to MA

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Sailing Soldier

formerly CD 28 #177

Boat Delivery

Post by Sailing Soldier »

KD,

If you decide to go by land, I have had good luck with RI Boat Moving.

If you decide to go by sea, I may be able to help you.

Capt John
CD 28 #177
RI
CapeTyphooner
Lewis Bay
Cape Cod

Post by CapeTyphooner »

If you are hauling over land, I highly recommend Phil Voyer. He can be reached at (508) 326-5182. I have used Phil a number of times and recommended him to many on this BB all with great results. Good luck.
Wayne Grenier

Post by Wayne Grenier »

let us know when you get the boat in and rigged with the engine checked out and you will probably get more volunteers than you need-I am very familiar with Buzzards Bay from new port to the canal- ps you will need an incoming tide and hopefully a southwest breeze for the 1st leg up the bay-
KDreese
Hingham, MA

One lantern

Post by KDreese »

Thank you everyone for the kind responses and offers to assist in moving the boat, however i decided to go with land transport (NE lore = 1 lantern). I dont know enough about this particular CD25 to feel comfortable with a trip of that length (e.g. engine reliability, ground tackle, running rigging, etc etc). The best part is the boat will be in Hingham on May 3rd (if everything goes to plan) and I have the entire next week off to sail! Can't wait and thanks again!
"Life begins at 2 knots."
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: One lantern

Post by Neil Gordon »

KDreese wrote: The best part is the boat will be in Hingham on May 3rd (if everything goes to plan) and I have the entire next week off to sail!
I don't remember if you talked about your local knowledge of Hingham and the Boston Harbor Islands, in general. If you have any questions, just ask.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Dick Barthel

Regatta entry?

Post by Dick Barthel »

Neil,

Do we have the makings of another CD class for the regatta?

Dick
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Regatta entry?

Post by Neil Gordon »

Dick Barthel wrote:Do we have the makings of another CD class for the regatta?
Yes, and a good addition to the fleet overall as well as the proposed mini-meet the night before.

(For those not familiar with the deal I cut last year with the Boston Harbor Island Regatta... put together three of the same model and the organizers will come up with a class trophy. It worked well for the 28s last year!)
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698