Stove recommentation of a CD-25

Share your provisioning secrets and solutions as well as your recipes.

Moderator: bobdugan

dshodge

Stove recommentation of a CD-25

Post by dshodge »

Recently bought a CD-25 and it came without a stove. Need to purchase a new one. I'm picking up the boat next week in Annapolis and sailing her down to Norfolk VA., and need a recommendation for a small stove that will fit in the galley. Recommendations please. (david.s.hodge@gmail.com)
barfwinkle

Re: Stove recommentation of a CD-25

Post by barfwinkle »

GM and congratulations on the new boat. The link below is what I used aboard my 25D for years. Not too sure what your looking for but I love this little stove.

https://www.amazon.com/CanCooker-SMDF14 ... 88617&th=1

fair winds

Bill
Bill Member #250.
wikakaru

Post by wikakaru »

barfwinkle wrote:GM and congratulations on the new boat. The link below is what I used aboard my 25D for years. Not too sure what your looking for but I love this little stove.

https://www.amazon.com/CanCooker-SMDF14 ... 88617&th=1

fair winds

Bill
That's the same stove I have for my CD22. I like that it can use either propane or butane. It's great at anchor, as long as the anchorage isn't too rolly or there aren't too many wake-hole powerboats, but you wouldn't want to use it under way.

If you want something for under way, all the good old one-burner gimbaled marine stoves like the SeaCook and Mini-Galley are out of production. You may be able to find a used one on eBay or a similar site, but what most people seem to be using these days is a JetBoil camping stove. A Google search will reveal several companies that make gimbals for the JetBoil. Check out videos of life below decks from any of the offshore races like previous editions of the Volvo Ocean Race or Mini-Transat and you'll see gimbaled JetBoils are mostly what ocean racers are using now. Of course, it's all freeze-dried for those guys, too, so they are only just boiling water.

Smooth sailing,

Jim
Mike Lawman

Collaboration request

Post by Mike Lawman »

Hi there,

My name is Mike from Monkey Digital,

Allow me to present to you a lifetime revenue opportunity of 35%
That's right, you can earn 35% of every order made by your affiliate for life.

Simply register with us, generate your affiliate links, and incorporate them on your website, and you are done. It takes only 5 minutes to set up everything, and the payouts are sent each month.

Click here to enroll with us today:
https://www.monkeydigital.org/affiliate-dashboard/

Think about it,
Every website owner requires the use of search engine optimization (SEO) for their website. This endeavor holds significant potential for both parties involved.

Thanks and regards
Mike Lawman

Monkey Digital
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Webmaster. Can you block this guy?
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton