CD Power Burgee design

Discussions about Cape Dory powerboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

j churchill
Location: former owner SKUA, CD26 #49, current owner CD24T #007

CD Power Burgee design

Post by j churchill »

My boat came with a CDSOA burgee. Has the lovely Alberg hull design, a great burgee, but... doesn't really work for the powerboats.
So, I came up with a design of my own. I plan to make my own burgee, dark blue "C" insignia on a tan field. I am thinking maybe the prop in blue vs red.
Offering it for suggestions or free personal use. If there is interest, perhaps CDSOA could make it available thru the store.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Churchill
Ocala, FL
Carl Thunberg

Re: CD Power Burgee design

Post by Carl Thunberg »

This one came up right before the Boards went down. I had the attached embroidery done for me by Albatross Embroidery, which is the CDSOA chandlery. I only share this so you know there are options. Get in touch with Sandy. I'm sure he can do this for you, and yes, once it is done once, it can be done for anyone. Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
j churchill
Location: former owner SKUA, CD26 #49, current owner CD24T #007

Re: CD Power Burgee design

Post by j churchill »

I made my own according to the above design with Linen Sunbrella and blue stickyback sailcloth insignia.
Like the original CDSOA burgee design, it doesn't follow "best practice" in that the letter is backwards when seen from the reverse side. Still looks OK> I will try to post a photo soon.
John Churchill
Ocala, FL